Tuesday

splish splash ... moved back into my bath!

over the long weekend, we finally finished up a month-and-a-half-long project/remodel that was only supposed to take a couple weeks. but that's how it goes. and i'm quite excited about it. except now i have to find my next project (to design and supervise ... i don't do the actual grunt work).

B E F O R E
hollywood vanity lights, overflowing medicine cabinet, a window that extended into the shower, finicky tub drain, missing shower soap dish, and blue tile everywhere

D E S I G N
i tend to get pretty detailed and specific with my visions, and i wanted to make sure our bathroom guy could see my vision ... so i put together a little diorama which he thought was neat and helpful

D E M O L I T I O N
the whole bathroom was stripped down to the studs and bare floorboards, even the old old hexagon floor tiles were uncovered

A F T E R
slight deviations from the diorama but i think it came out with the same feel. the wall color, tilework and toiletries shelf inside the shower are my favorites.
(note: in the picture, it looks like the window extends all the way across the shower, but that's just a reflection. the window was shortened to be completely outside the shower.)
so construction-wise, it's all done. i just have to figure out how to best organize the alcove next to the sink.